Friday, April 17, 2009

Decision Dilemma :)


" Hope You too faced these while taking Decisions "


It’s funny how our career takes different and totally ‘unthought-of ’directions.

Nine years ago when I was in 12th, I had hardly pictured myself in a career I am in today.It does not mean I am unhappy where I am now but definitely it was not actually planned.I am definitely not the person who can answer ‘where do you see yourself 9 years from now?’question confidently, because yes it depends on our decisions but according to me there are a lot of other factors involved which are not under our control.
As I look back now, there had been many compromises and surprises which changed the trackof my career. Initially I had decided to go into medicines(Rajkumar MBBS). I had to appear for an entrance exam for the same which I dont know at that time like which entrance I need to take for what.Finally thought of to plan my drop and to become an engineer,and I didn’t feel quite excited about getting into any branch of engineering other than civil or computers,I thought of these are the onlytwo branches of engineering... :) hehe dont laugh at me :):).Even that plan dropped,so I rather settled up for a Non technical Degree. I think it was my first compromise,I could have waited taken a drop and reappeared for the exam and finally got into Engineering.I don’t know what made me change my mind and take up an Ordinary instead. I completed my graduation in chemistry and like other college Kids,Surprisingly I moved to computers in my PostGraduation Degree MCA. I thoroughly enjoyed my college life without a trace of guilt for not pursuing my career in Engineering.
While in college I had never really given a thought to what I was going to do after college,came out for a project in Hyderabad,done with the final exams with good score.After that the real life started with the hot summer strokes :).We have once good song in Telugu
"Saapatu yetu ledu paataina paadu brother"
After a long waiting of 10 months for a job,finally managed to get into into Wipro and that changed everything again.To be honest I was utterly surprised when the exam results were announced. That time I was feeling euphoric about getting placed in a good company and didn’t thinktwice to join as a tester wher I missed for the learned things. It was the second time when I missed opportunity of shaping my career in my own way and happily left everything to destiny. I worked on my programming skills while waiting for joining date. And when I got the mail regarding my joining date… I learned that I was put into testing services and I must accept that again changed the picture which I had initially thought of. I don’t say I was totally helplessbut it was a time when I was ready to take the experience, it was my decision to go ahead and I was the one responsible for whatever way things might have turned out. I joined testing,working for telecom domain, learned new things, all in all it was a nice experience. Its already 3 years of jouney.I feel sometimes, now that IT has got into so much trouble, may be if at all I was in a Public Sector and not in Private ; I would have been in a better situation.But who knows,every decision has a different future associated with it. The most difficult part is there is no way to know how things would have turned out if decisions were taken otherwise. We make hundreds of decisions everyday and however small they are, they do affect our future. The decision we take changes the course of our life and it is not always possible to go back and make a fresh start.

-->It is an everyday gamble and definitely luck has its significant role in it. The only thing in our hand is to learn to cope up with the unpredictability of life and make the best of what we have.<-- Lets see how it materializes..As Some one said Life is a DO-IT yourself project

"jindagi jeene keliye...Saari Duniya Mere liye"

2 comments:

Smitha.V said...

well said Raj,,life is bundle of compromises but those who can cope up with the present situation prospectively in a positive way will win the nerve cracking compitetion these days!!!
All the best.

Partha said...

Hey Raj, me too in the same dilemma:-)